For those who have failed in reading the bible in one year, there's hope. Try seven...

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

GENESIS!!

Hey brothers,

I am so satisfied in reading Genesis. I am excited to get to the 6th month, as well, to put the first five books together and see the connections. Reading has been going slow; I've been underway since the 17th, and I get back on Nov. 17, unless something crazy happens like Korea starts launching. I haven't been on here much, but I wanted to let you know that I am reading. I am so intrigued and always will be by the first 10 or so books of Genesis. Answers will not come in this life for some of my questions and might never come, though I excpect that they will after the ressurection. But I am satisfied in the position. I will write later with all of the intersting points I've picked out of Genesis. I'm sure that you have pondered many of them; many of them seem not to connect and seem very unbelievable; but I know the answers come together right now at a point that I can't understand. I just passed the point where the high priest of God, Melchizidek (sp?) broke bread and wine with abram. Its right before God's pledge and turns abram to abraham. I know that there are alot of postulations on the reason for this vers, but I really want to meditate on them; I think that they are important.

Pray for dave, my friend on the ship. His father is a pastor in Boston, and I don't know where he stands in terms of salvation. He says he's a christian and has a testimony, but there is no fruit in his life. I was suprised when I first heard that he said he was a christian. I pray for him that he would enter into true fellowship and truth of God's word. Please pray with me. God bless, and be encouraged. Big things on the way.

-Gus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home