For those who have failed in reading the bible in one year, there's hope. Try seven...

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Prayer...

I have read through it and the things that most stand out to me are the prayers of Nehemiah.They are so intimate personal and ask God to remember His words/promises. Theprayers remind me that I should have this time spent with Christ as a defining characteristic; but also, like any conversation, I should know what my Heavenly Father has said concerning me. Too often I fail. I make my words many, repetitions, and sadly, I forget I should be listening at all. I tend not to wrestle with God over the welfare of others. I fail to see the Joy and privilege prayer should be.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gus said...

Good stuff. Dave, whats your email address? let me know at bennett.gerald@ddg56.navy.mil. Thanks.

5:03 AM

 
Blogger patrick said...

Seriously, that is so huge. I have been forgetting to spend time just listening. It's hard because it takes time and it takes surrendering and letting the noises we like to hear slide away from our minds. Once they do though...hearing just one word from God is enough to rock our worlds! Even as I write this though I am reluctant as I consider going and spending time right now to listen to God. Am I too busy for this? No, certainly that is lie I tell myself. Please pray for me in this.

10:07 PM

 
Blogger Heather Michelle said...

You guys are an encouragement to me! Please keep persevering in your faith in and love for God. (I am a friend of Gus in case you are wondering how I came across your blog). I too am studying Nehemiah: My Sunday school class started it two weeks ago and my dad suggested our team read it in preparation for a mission trip we are planning for the end of this month. Perhaps, I can learn from you as well!

11:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home