For those who have failed in reading the bible in one year, there's hope. Try seven...

Friday, August 25, 2006

Who Am I?

Gus, in response to your post, I just want to agree that that is one of the hardest passages to swallow. That God chose to harden pharoah's heart is a humbling thought because I look at all the I have done and I consider the depth of my sin and I think that of all people it is my heart that deserves to be hardened. And yet God softens it more with each day. I will never understand why except that He says that He loves me. There is no logical reason that I can become comfortable with. He loves me because he loves because he loves me because he loves me, on into infinity. How can I keep from trembling and falling on my face when I consider that my heart deserves to be hardened and yet it was softened by the saving work and full expression of God's love in Jesus Christ, my Saviour? Humbling is an understatement when you consider the reality of our undeservedness and the fullness of God's love despite it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home