For those who have failed in reading the bible in one year, there's hope. Try seven...

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Oh, To be....

Gus, I have been hanging out in the 9,10,11 area. It talks about how the Jews through their disobedience pave the way for me, a gentile, to be reconciled to God. I find it so interesting. The Christian church has so often persecuted the Jewish population, yet, I find that I am envious of their heritage and knowledge of the promises/history. We are grafted in and by that mere fact, we miss so many little aspects of cultural meaning. We are now a people of the promise to make the "people" of God jealous. I started looking up a bunch of the cross references and so many were in the Deuteronomy. It made me want to know...
"I will hide my face from them," he said,
"and see what their end will be;
for they are a perverse generation,
children who are unfaithful.

They made me jealous by what is no god
and angered me with their worthless idols.
I will make them envious by those who are not a people;
I will make them angry by a nation that has no understanding....

The LORD will judge his people
and have compassion on his servants
when he sees their strength is gone
and no one is left, slave or free."


Read the whope thing a great chapter... God will restore his people, us, both Jew and Gentile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home