For those who have failed in reading the bible in one year, there's hope. Try seven...

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Death to Life

"For one who has died has been set free from sin. Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him."
Romans 6:7-8

"Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life..."
Romans 6:13

To live I must die. To conquer the sin of my flesh, my flesh must die. It sure feels like dying, saying no to my flesh when it cries out once more me to satisfy it just like I did the last time. How can I ever consistently say no?

Life.

"Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him."

I must die and suffer my flesh to starvation, all the while trusting that Christ will rise in me with His life. My sole occupation is die to my flesh in faith. Christ will rise in me with new life just as He has promised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home